pattern Design - BODICE & Dress Styles
part one - 4 weeks
Next course starts in September 2019, contact us for details.
1.30 to 4pm
Little Baddow Memorial Hall, North Hill, Little Baddow, Chelmsford, CM3 4TA
Little Baddow Memorial Hall, Little Baddow, Chelmsford CM3 4TA
On this short course you will learn how to be more creative with your patterns and be able to copy your favourite styles:
• Move darts to anywhere you wish on the bodice using cut and close or pivot techniques.
• Remove darts but retain the shape by forming princess seams.
• Remove darts and replace them with shaped yokes at shoulder or waist.
• 'Slash and spread' to create fullness, gathers, pleats and tucks.
• Form flounces and frills to add interest to necks or hems.
• Create diagonal or curved seams for colour block styles.